THE AIM OF THE FOUNDATION
The Club has played Rugby in Albert Park since 1934; however it has never had a changing facility by its ground.
Now that the Club has female and junior members, their safety, privacy and security are of concern.
The Club has therefore approached Parks Victoria for their approval and financial support to build change rooms alongside our grounds. The aim of the foundation is to support this project.
This project is therefore of vital importance to the future of the club which has a proud history in Melbourne Rugby and which at one time provided 3 Wallabies to the 1938 Wallaby tour; a feat unmatched by any other club in Victoria.
The changerooms building will be called the Bisset Pavillion named after the Wallaby and Hero of the Kokoda Track – Stan Bisset who player for Power House between 1934 and 1960; a much loved Power House man called a ‘national tresure’ by Prime Minister John Howard.